Hearsay mysay:

Say Goodnight and Go.


Looking back...

A short essay we had to write to convince the teacher officers that we deserve a place in the Senior Specialist Course(SSC) in NCC to get the rank of Staff Sergeant. For your reading pleasure.



16/8/2003
2SGT Muhd Shamsul Ilham B M S

My Strength, My Weakness, how can i contribute to Woodlands Ring Secondary(WRS) School unit

My strength is being able to organise any parade efficiently, for example, recently, I organised the National Day Parade held in school. Everything ran smoothly except for some technical problems. Also, I am able to command and control a company as I was given many exposure and opportunities by my officers, as well as my senior cadets and i am able to motivate NCC cadets in WRS. Motivating cadets, from Recruits to Sergeants, is very important as this will boost their morale and they will then be able to excel in whatever they do.

My speciality is commanding and interacting. I interact well with junior and senior cadets. interacting with the cadets is important as I am able to understand them well and thus, I can find out their strength and weaknesses individually and with that, I can improve them. I also interact well with other uniform groups in WRS. By doing so, we will be able to understand each other well to help each other excel in doing our school proud.

However, I am a human being and I do have my weaknesses. I show too much consideration for other people's opinions when carrying out my duties. Also, I have a habit of doing things last minute.

With all my abilities and determination, I will try, together with the help of other specialist, to assist WRS to perform and to excel in whatever they do. I will continue to observe them and think at the same time so as to be a better personand a better leader in handling WRS NCC unit. Also, looking back at my past experiences, I will give the cadets in WRS NCC unit exposure with the help of officers and teacher officers so that they will have a good developmental experience.



If there's one thing I can change in WRS NCC unit after my SSC course, what is it? Explain.

The one thing i would change after my SSC course in WRS NCC unit would be the mentality of the cadets in WRS NCC unit. I believe that force and constant torture would not change the cadets into better people and leaders, and that physical training alone is enough to make a person fit and strong. No doubt, if we were to torture them, they would and can withstand harsh treatments but in the long run they will be rebellious and violent people.

However, if we teach them how to think, they will be able to understand and make their own decision. For example, physical training is a general. It is up to that individual whether he wants to take PT seriously or not. Therefore, the person have to understand that PT would make him strong and fit and that if he wants to be strong and fit, he will take it seriously.

My aim is to make NCC Cadets into thinking soldiers. When they are able to think, they will be able to overcome any challenges or bad influences. It is also a very good way to gain respect because when you respect a particular person, that person will learn to respect you back.

How cute.

Ok, now enjoy this postsecret video. Very nice.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear mr shamsul.

do you smoke?
do you go for friday prayers?
are you friendly?
are you rich?
pls answer =)

yours truly,
miss i-just-read-your-blog (:

Shamsofcourse said...

no yes no no yes. and that's all jumbled up. coz i'm never nice to miss anons. :D

Anonymous said...

okey okey u've answered me then.
thank you

miss i-just-read-your-blog

Shamsofcourse said...

coolio.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.